Why Become an ACBI Member
- Membership of the Association is open to teachers & research scientists in the discipline of Biochemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Immunology, Pathology, Endocrinology, Nutrition, Medicine and other allied subjects in a medical institution and also to persons holding M.B.B.S., M.Sc.(Biochemistry or Clinical Biochemistry) and are engaged in research or practice of Clinical Biochemistry in hospital or in private laboratory.
- ACBI organizes its National Conference once a year in different cities of the country. It Regional and state branches hold State / Regional
meetings at regular interval. This would give you a unique opportunity to interact with Clinical Biochemists from India and abroad. This is especially true of young members for whom it provides a opportunity for academic exposure amongst seniors and their peers in other Medical institutions in the country.
- The Association is a full member of the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry (IFCC), Asian Pacific Federation of Clinical Chemistry & Laboratory Medicine (APFCB) and also World Association of Societies of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (WASPaLM). This provides a unique opportunity for you to attend International meets as member of ACBI and also to apply for Travel scholarship to these meets. You would also know about other programmes taking place all over the country and also the world through our ACBI website.
- IFCC has a programme of “Student Exchange” and by becoming an ACBI member, you would be able to apply for such programmes.
- We publish the Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry which is indexed in major indexing sites which include Index medical & PubMed. As ACBI life member you would be getting this prestigious journal free four times a year.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP: Those graduates who do not fit in the above criteria, but have an interest in Clinical Biochemistry are eligible to become Associate Members.